DescriptionAt Xandr our Bidder Platform Team owns and optimizes the core distributed systems infrastructure upon which our Real-Time Bidding Platform is built. Our unique scale challenges (huge volumes of business objects, high number queries per second and vast amount of generated data) require our team to constantly optimize our platform for cost and business growth. We collaborate closely with Product Teams and Data Scientists to understand business challenges. We also partner closely with our various other Engineering Teams on many cross-functional projects.
About the job:
As a Senior Engineer on the team, you’ll design, build and optimize software that enables various distributed systems (i.e Bidder Platform) to scale with business challenges, increase reliability and improve engineering productivity. You will continuously work to align yourself with (and espouse) industry-leading software development practices to solve challenges both individually and as a mentor to other more junior Engineers on the team. You will own infrastructural parts of our Real-time Bidding System that enable other product-focused Engineering Teams to execute on their client-focused goals.
- 5+ years of experience as a professional Software Developer
- Experience using either C, C++, or Java, with excellent and creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience building high performance, multi-threaded, distributed systems and applications, preferably in a Linux environment
- Experience practicing advanced optimization techniques
- Experience with real-time data processing engines, ultra-low-level, and low latency systems is preferred
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
- Experience providing mentorship and guidance, including code reviews, training, and feedback
- You are passionate about enabling customer success
- Experience with cloud computing technologies (Kubernetes, Azure)
- Experience with Kafka
- You are focused on building high-quality, intuitive products
- You are passionate about learning and teaching
- You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You view processes as a means and not an end, preferring lean or automated approaches to ensure quality and productivity
- You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking to improve how things are done and what is built
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here