At Xandr, our data is our life line - we can only be as good as our data, and great data is critical for business success. Our data pipeline processes tens of billions of log records a day (more than 150TB of data) generated by our real-time bidding engines and ad serving platform. This data is used to generate aggregated analytics reports, pace spend accurately, and drive optimization engines.
Our engineering team builds technology that identifies and analyzes relevant data to match buyers and sellers such that they each achieve their business initiatives. To do this, engineers partner with our Data Science team to implement, test and deploy probability based heuristics and intuitive, high-performance, real-time solutions for our diverse client base. This is an energizing community of engineers that is committed to building dependable products – the software and systems being built drive our real-time bidding business with a multitude of other core initiatives for Xandr.
Because Xandr has a very fast-paced software development lifecycle, we’re on the hunt for a SSDET to play a critical role in driving and automating the quality of Xandr features, functions, products and platforms. The SSDET will be responsible for driving all automated test and quality activities within a strategic software development team. You will strive to detect and fix every bug as close to generation of that bug as possible by encouraging team members to test their code at all levels. You will develop test tools to make testing as efficient as possible. Beyond the code, you will partner with Product and Support to deeply understand how our customer use our products and set up the checks and balances that protect our customers from seeing bugs.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to develop a comprehensive Test Plan that validates product functionality
- Develop automated tests using Gherkin and Selenium following defined best practices
- Develop and execute tests at all levels of the testing pyramid (unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, end to end tests, security tests. etc.)
- Triage and resolve automated test failures with product engineers directly
- Build and maintain automated testing, test environments (Kubernetes)and test data
- Drive adoption of CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous deployment
- Be a critical participant in the defect management process
- Evangelize the importance of testing, especially unit testing, within Xandr
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent in a technical field of study or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development or Automated Software Testing
- A solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle SDLC and its related methodologies
- Built automated testing frameworks and experience with Selenium (or similar automation tools)
- Experience working with continuous integration systems, build process automation and application deploy (Jenkins, Concourse)
- Demonstrated ability to use RESTful APIs, use databases, and develop SQL queries.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and understanding of core Kubernetes concepts (Deployment, Pod, ConfigMap, Secret)
- Experience in developing software and/or tests in Java, Python or node.JS
- Ability to analyze programmatically and think critically about statistics, heuristics and algorithms
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here