The mission of the Customer Experience team is optimize the overall customer journey. As the number of products and services at Xandr grows, the need scalable solutions to manage the customer experience grows with it. We provide the tools and technology that enable product development teams to create collective, consistent customer experiences, including component libraries, global navigation, search, and integrations with platform services. These teams rely on the libraries and services of Customer Experience to build new products and features at a rapid pace requiring a high benchmark for quality.
Our engineering team is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer in Test to guide the quality assurance of the products and libraries we offer. This role will be responsible for ensuring confidence in the solutions we release and defining benchmarks for software quality.
About the job:
Because Xandr has a very fast-paced software development lifecycle, we’re on the hunt for a Senior Software Engineer in Test (SSDET) to play a critical role in driving and automating the quality of Xandr features, functions, products and platforms. The SSDET will be responsible for driving all automated test and quality activities within the Customer Experience team. You will strive to detect and fix every bug as close to generation of that bug as possible by encouraging team members to test their code at all levels. You will develop test tools to make testing as efficient as possible. Beyond the code, you will partner with Product and Support to deeply understand how our customers use our products and set up the checks and balances that protect our customers from seeing bugs.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to develop a comprehensive Test Plan that validates product functionality
- Develop and execute tests at all levels of the testing pyramid (unit tests, functional tests, performance tests, end to end tests, security tests. etc.)
- Triage and resolve automated test failures with product engineers directly
- Build and maintain automated testing, test environments (Kubernetes) and test data
- Drive adoption of CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous deployment)
- Be a critical participant in the defect management process
- Evangelize the importance of testing, especially unit testing, within Xandr
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent in a technical field of study
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development or Automated Software Testing
- A solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and its related methodologies
- Experience working with continuous integration systems, build process automation and application deploy (Jenkins, Concourse)
- Demonstrated ability to use RESTful APIs, use databases, and develop SQL queries
- Demonstrated ability to design and build user-facing web-applications
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and understanding of core Kubernetes concepts (Deployment, Pod, ConfigMap, Secret)
- Ability to analyze programmatically and think critically about statistics, heuristics and algorithms.
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here