Team Lead Senior Software Engineer, Prebid Server
Join Xandr and help build the infrastructure that powers the buying and selling of digital media at massive scale.
As an Engineer on the Publisher Integrations Capability, you will join a group of passionate Engineers that that deliver products from inception to production. This team of engineers have their DNA rooted in open source and work across the application stack to deliver high performance applications working with the latest technologies.
The Xandr AppNexus Platform was built to scale. In the past several years, we've grown from processing 300k QPS to over 9 million QPS for an approximate total of 200 billion requests per day. Building on the scale of the AppNexus Platform, we released Prebid Server as an open source header bidding solution.
The Team Lead, Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the day to day operations of the backend engineering team. You will thrive in this role as a technical leader while still being hands on coding to complete critical pieces of technology.
Consider some of the problems you will solve:
- Scale Open Source: Contribute to a growing open source project and expand and empower its community. Improve quality, drive adoption, and bring innovative features to market.
- Build on large-scale distributed systems: Design new features, maintain and build systems that scale. The systems handle massive amount of internet traffic and will need to scale efficiently.
- Grow a Mature Platform: Reduce latency and error rates. Increase uptime. Maintain speed, availability, and reliability as our client base grows.
- Deploy on hybrid cloud and on-prem: Mix the best of cloud technologies along with on-prem datacenter deployments for increased reliability, redundancy and speed.
- Lead a small team of Engineers and be the owner of the Prebid Server Application and related systems.
- Act as a system architect and lead cross-team engineering efforts.
- Work with Product Managers and open source stakeholders and Engineering to construct feature requirements and technical specifications.
- Produce prototype features quickly and participate in gathering feedback from clients.
- Participate in code review sessions and provide feedback to increase code efficiency, maintainability and robustness.
- Support and debug production level issues and provide fixes in an expedient manner.
- Mentor junior engineers on best practices in software development.
- BS degree in computer science or related field and 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience using Golang, C/C++, or Java, with excellent creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated skill in designing and architecting large-scale systems infrastructures.
- Experience with leading small teams.
- Experience with real-time data processing engines, ultra-low-level, and low latency systems is preferred
- Experience with orchestration tools preferred (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins etc).
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Xandr is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our inclusivity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offerreturnships to help caregiversreenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on ourDiversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusionthrough our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodbossto support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience so that we may make arrangements
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here