Xandr is hiring a Senior Software Test Engineer for our Auction Logic team. You would help build and grow the technology that drives ourreal time ad serving platform.
The Xandr real time ad serving platform is a large-scale distributed platform operatingunder strict real-time constraints, responding to and executing real-time, dynamic auctions in less than 100 milliseconds. In the past few years, we've grown from processing 300k QPS to over 5 million QPS for an approximate total of 100 billion requests per day. These events generate more than 150 TB of new data every day. Engineers work on the real-time components to optimize our software for performance, space, and algorithmic efficiency.
About the job:
Because Xandr has a very fast-paced software development lifecycle, we’re on the hunt for a SSDET to play a critical role in driving and automating the quality of Xandr features, functions, products and platforms. The SSDET will be responsible for driving all automated test and quality activities within a strategic software development team. You will strive to detect and fix every bug as close to generation of that bug as possible by encouraging team members to test their code at all levels. You will develop test tools to make testing as efficient as possible. Beyond the code, you will partner with Product and Support to deeply understand how our customer use our products and set up the checks and balances that protect our customers from seeing bugs.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to develop a comprehensive Test Plan that validates product functionality.
- Develop automated tests using a variety of technologies and frameworks, following defined best practices.
- Develop and execute tests at all levels (unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, end to end tests, etc.)
- Triage and resolve automated test failures with product engineers directly.
- Define, build, and maintain automated testing, test environments, and test data.
- Drive the adoption of CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous deployment.
- Be a critical participant in the defect management process.
- Evangelize the importance of testing and software quality within Xandr.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent in a technical field of study OR relevant work experience in Software Development or Automated Software Testing.
- A solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle SDLC and its related methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience with one or more programming languages (preferences: C++, Java, Go or Python).
- Built automated testing frameworks and experience with Cypress (or similar automation tools).
- Experience working with continuous integration systems, build process automation and application deploy (Jenkins, Concourse).
- Demonstrated ability to use RESTful APIs, use databases, and develop SQL queries.
- Familiarity with container platforms and container orchestration systems.
- Familiarity with AWS cloud services and concepts is a plus.
- Familiarity with Cypress is a plus.
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here