At Xandr, our data is our life line - we can only be as good as our data, and great data is critical for business success. Our data pipeline processes tens of billions of Log Records a day (more than 150TB of data) generated by our Real-Time Bidding Engines and Ad Serving Platform. We handle petabytes of data on store at any given moment. This data is used to pace spend accurately, generate models for valuation and drive a plethora of optimization engines.
About the team:
Our Engineering Team builds technology that identifies and processes relevant data to match Buyers and Sellers such that they each achieve their business initiatives. To do this, Engineers partner with our Data Science Team - implementing, testing and deploying probability-based heuristics and high-performance, real-time solutions for our diverse client base. We are an energizing community of Engineers that is committed to building dependable products that help drive our Real-Time bidding business.
About the job:
• Design and implement new features and enhancements to our Platform that require hard real-time constraints and elegant, yet powerful software solutions
• Work closely with other Engineers, Data Scientists and Product Teams to ensure that we are using the most effective algorithms for achieving client goals and that these algorithms will work at-scale
• Work collaboratively with other Engineering Teams to ensure that our real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform
• BA/BS degree OR MS degree (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
• 1-3 years of experience in software engineering
• Object oriented programming experience in Java or Python
• Experience with SQL (MySQL, Oracle, or PostgreSQL)
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
• Solid background in mathematics, analytics, statistics, probability or machine learning
Valuable additional skills:
• Experience developing and scaling RESTful web services
• Former work with column stores (Vertica) and NoSQL (Redis, Aerospike)
• Former development with Map/Reduce and batch-processing such as Hadoop
• Experience with stream-based passed processing models, distributed streaming platforms like Kafka or control theory
• Experience thinking critically about complicated algorithms and analyzing data sets using Python Pandas
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here