The Video Engineering team in New York is a full-stack team working on different aspects of video advertising technology. We solve problems and design new video products, add new features and refine existing functionality. We collaborate with many other teams, internal and external, to ensure the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction.
UI - Design and construct our client-facing product. Build an intuitive and simple interface on top of complex and extremely powerful systems. Bring our clients’ data to life and display everything they need to know how their business is performing.
Web Services - Modify, develop and maintain RESTful APIs. Enable engineers to build feature-rich web application/back office/auditing tools without making a single database connection, allowing our clients to build custom integrations and syncing in real-time with other advertising platforms.
Data Platform - Work on the build/support of our data pipeline that processes over 150TB daily, so that clients may continue to rely on analytics data and accurate reports.
- Analyze and improve our life-cycle software development processes (e.g. testing, building, deployment, monitoring, etc.)
- Collaborate with product owners and client services to build technical specifications documents for engineering teams
- Participate in the process of building our teams, including recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding
- Contribute to the planning process of project development. Ensure timely delivery of assets to stakeholders
- Build an understanding of the on-line advertising ecosystem and leverage your engineering expertise to build innovative solutions
- CS degree with at least 3-5 years of experience in both front-end and back-end development
- Good analytical skills, ability to quickly learn.
- Good knowledge of software development best practices and methodologies.
- Strong and thorough understanding of web development/design, or large scale distributed data processing
- Knowledge of frontend development tools and frameworks (React/Redux) is a strong plus
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker is a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of development tools – version control system (Git), unit test frameworks, build tools etc.
If a candidate has experience in one or more of the following areas that is desirable otherwise if they can ramp up on these areas quickly from a learning perspective that would be attractive.
- Knowledge of digital video advertisement upload, transcode, distribution / delivery, and tracking/analytics, video ad units for desktop, mobile, and OTT devices
- Experience in Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) specifications, namely Video Ad-Serving Template (VAST), Video Multiple Ad Playlist (VMAP) and Video Player-Ad Interface Definition (VPAID)
- Familiar with video tags. Formats, and protocols such as HTML5, MP4 / Flash Progressive Download, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH)
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here