DescriptionAs a Team Lead working on the Auction Logic team, you will have the opportunity to quickly see the impact of your contributions to our clients and end users. You will spend up to half your time leading a team of Engineers to solve problems that face online publishers in a variety of areas. The remainder of your time will be spent writing code and solving problems as an individual contributor.
The AppNexus Platform was built upon the foundation that we can help our clients buy and sell media in the most effective and efficient way possible. In the past 3 years, we've grown from processing 300k QPS to a peak of over 5 million QPS for an approximate total of 100 billion requests per day.
The application that processes all of those requests, Impression Bus, is among the responsibilities of the Auction Logic team. You will provide solutions to help connect advertisers and publishers on the digital marketplace as well as resolve complex technical issues that arise as a result of the immense scale of our platform. You will lead your team through exciting new opportunities as AppNexus grows into new business areas and increases its scale.
Consider some of the areas in which you will focus:
• Large-scale distributed systems: Design, maintain, and build systems at scale. Our Platform requires pushing updates on millions of objects to thousands of machines using our custom caching solution all while observing strict SLA requirements.
• Interesting algorithmic problems: Use the latest research and techniques to make full use of the underlying hardware and instruction sets, utilizing things like lock-free data structures and intelligent thread design to optimize revenue, memory footprint, and overall algorithmic efficiency.
• Collaborate with other Engineering functions: Most new features and functionality are the result of multiple teams working together to produce the best possible outcomes for both our clients and our business.
• Prototype to Production: As a bold company where Engineers work right alongside Product Managers, we go from iterating & validating a new concept with beta customers to developing it into production-quality code.
About the job:
• Provide technical oversight, feedback, guidance, and mentorship to a small team of engineers.
• Design and implement scalable solutions including new features and enhancements of our Platform.
• Participate and help lead planning sessions with Product Management and Engineering team leads to construct feature requirements and specifications.
• Produce prototype features quickly and participate in gathering feedback from clients.
• Bring innovation to the team in new features, improving build processes and product development lifecycle.
• Participate in code review sessions and provide feedback to increase code efficiency, maintainability and robustness.
• Support and debug production level issues and provide fixes in an expedient manner.
• Mentor junior engineers on best practices in software development
About your skills:
• BS degree in computer science or related field and 5+ years of software development experience.
• Experience using Golang, C/C++, or Java, with excellent and creative problem-solving abilities
• Demonstrated skill in designing and architecting large-scale systems infrastructures.
• Experience with leading small teams.
• Experience building high performance, multi-threaded, distributed systems and applications, preferably in a Linux environment
• Strong fundamental understanding of generalized architecture patterns and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
• Experience with real-time data processing engines, low-level, and low latency systems is preferred
• Experience with orchestration tools preferred (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, etc.).
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You value quality over quantity in producing robust software. You are proud to build highly performant, stable systems.
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here