DescriptionWe are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our Technical Operations group and to immediately take on some of the day-to-day operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of our Network as well as to work on engineering tasks with senior staff.
There is substantial opportunity to learn a lot while working on our team. Everything from Layer 2 switching, routing (BGP), MPLS, Spine / Leaf Layer 3 networking, load balancing, NTP, CDN, Hybrid Cloud Computing / Networking, monitoring and more.
If you want to work in the field large-scale data center operations and high-volume Internet service delivery then you should talk to us.
About the team:
The Technical Operations team is responsible for all technical operations including production customer-facing systems in 6 data centers (Singapore, Los Angeles, Denver, New York, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt) and our 24 offices spread across the globe. We have thousands of servers and hundreds of gigabits per second of traffic to our customers.
We have network equipment from Juniper, and Arista. Our network consists of dozens of Ten Gigabit Ethernet (10GE) ISP connections, and various 10/100GE private peerings and interconnects. We also have numerous private 10GEs between data centers.
About the job:
• Support the 24/7 operations of the Xandr global network
• Provide on-call coverage as part of the Network Engineering team
• Work with the Network Architecture team designing and deploying next generation networking technologies
• Perform and take ownership of maintenance activities within the Xandr global network
Qualifications• At least 5 years hands on experience with some or all the following platforms, protocols, and technologies:
• Juniper M/MX Series routers
• Spanning Tree (MST/ PVST)
• Ethernet (10GE/40GE/100GE/400GE)
• VLAN technologies
• Copper and fiber cabling
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English
• Competent with protocol debugging using standard tools wireshark, tcpdump, etc
• Experience configuring, operating, debugging, and maintaining IPSEC / SSL VPNs
• Participate in on-call rotation responding to alerts and systems issues
• Regularly perform network maintenance during overnight and/or weekend maintenance windows
• Basic Linux/Unix user skills sufficient to debug network problems
Experience with some or all of the following is highly desirable:
• ANYCAST Routing
• Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)
• Flow export protocols (sflow, IPFIX)
• MPLS/L3VPN Network design
• MPLS/RSVP Traffic Engineering
• Spine / Leaf L3 Network Architecture
• Juniper SRX Firewalls
• Datacenter design and operations
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Xandr is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here