DescriptionJoin Xandr, an AT&T company and help build the infrastructure that powers the buying and selling of digital media at massive scale.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Publisher Integrations – Client Side Tech Team, you will join a group of passionate Engineers that deliver products from inception to production. This team of engineers have their DNA rooted in open source and work across the application stack to deliver high performance applications working with the latest technologies.
Consider some of the problems you will solve:
• Tag Management: Design and build first class content delivery systems that can stand up to traffic at scale while minimizing the footprint page performance. Work with technology that interacts with large percentage of internet traffic.
• Prototype to Production: Iterate quickly on new concepts, working closely with Product Managers to develop products that go from beta to production.
• Grow a Mature Platform: Reduce latency and error rates. Increase uptime. Maintain speed, availability, and reliability as our client base grows.
• Scaling Open Source: Contribute to a growing open source project, expand and empower its community. Improve quality, drive adoption, and bring innovative features to market.
About the job:
• Contributing and maintaining multiple software projects including open source software
• Mentor fellow engineers in the development of robust, enterprise-grade software solutions for our clients
• Deploying software to production environments directly using automated deployment tools
• Support and debug production level issues and provide fixes in a timely manner
• Improving our software development life-cycle as a thought leader
• Collaborating with product owners and client services to establish technical spec for engineering teams
• Participating in the process of building our teams, including recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding
• Collaborating with engineers in global locations effectively
• Lead design and code reviews to ensure the quality of the products we deliver
• Building your understanding of the online advertising ecosystem and leveraging your engineering expertise to build innovative solutions, impacting industry and business of our customers
Qualifications• BS degree in computer science or related field and 5+ years of software development experience.
• Knowledge of computer science fundamentals: Object-Oriented programming, design patterns and asynchronous and event-driven development
• Experience with S2S compilers like Babel.js, or transcompiled languages Typescript.
• Knowledge of RESTful Web Services.
• Effectively prioritizes and delivers immediate and maximum value to our clients and stake holders
• Promotes & fosters value-driven thinking within the team
• Mentors and guides junior developers; a strong collaborator, team focused
• Excellent creative problem -solving skills. Thrives on complex problems that require creative, possibly never even heard of solutions.
• Understands the difference between good and bad code; values peer contributors
• Possesses solid understanding of web development design (UI depth), web development (web services) and data processing & databases
• Experience using debuggers, profiles and other web development tools to optimize frontend code.
• Familiar with using test driven development methodology
• Excels in learning new technologies (as necessary)
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here