This is a highly visible and exciting role within the Xandr Media Sales Operations team!
Xandr is an industry leader in audience-based targeted advertising. At Xandr we aim to Make Advertising Matter by enabling advertisers to reach and engage a targeted audience with relevant messaging across screens. With one of the world’s largest collections of digital, film and TV properties, we provide a premium option for advertisers and publishers looking to reach specific audiences at scale in premium and brand-safe environments.
To fulfill this mission Xandr is actively seeking a full-time and experienced Senior Business Analyst to join the Data Management and Business Intelligence Systems team. A successful Senior Business Analystat Xandr will be a key individual contributor to the data management and business intelligence initiatives for the Xandr Media Sales organization. In this role, he/she will drive value through the design and implementation of business intelligence systems to transform the way Xandr Media Sales produces client reporting, processes internal information, and utilizes data to make critical decisions that guide the strategy, roadmap, and execution of the organization.
This person will perform non-technical project and program-management work focused on internal Xandr Media products as well as company-wide projects or programs. The Senior Business Analyst will help coordinate delivery across multiple product managers and support teams and serve as a key liaison across stakeholders. This person will proactively identify issues, track KPIs and help manage project/program scope, quality, schedule, resources, and risk.
This role is responsible for the development of Xandr Media’s Advertising Intelligence & Reporting (AIR) platform and data management systems. The successful candidate will:
- Own multiple complex cross-functional technical projects and be accountable for their success.
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners such as Media Sales, Operations, Product Development, and Product Marketing etc. to conduct business process analysis to help identify gaps between existing functionality and business needs.
- Develop and recommend solutions and strategies based on the analysis of customer business goals, objectives, needs, and existing systems infrastructure.
- Translate business and data needs into technical project requirements and ensure that user stories, process flows, and product roadmaps are well written, and have clear, measurable success criteria.
- Ensure that there is clear communication and coordination of requirements between business owners and functional/technical teams.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders including Advertising Technology team to manage project work stream and backlog, assist in feature prioritization, escalate project issues and process gaps as needed, conduct user acceptance testing, provide system demonstrations, and develop end-user training.
- Review vendor and internal functional spec/design docs.
- Drive product evolution and improvement to support and enhance the Ad Sales business.
- Advise on the use and strengths of both hardware and software products available in the market to improve digital systems solutions.
- Make sound decisions despite uncertainty. Proactively anticipate and mitigate risks while optimizing trade-offs between quality, resources, scope, and time.
- Troubleshoot product issues and handle user escalations of technical issues with engineering resources as needed.
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience in a technical product/project management, solutions architect, technical services or a similar role; experience in ad-tech is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience leading complex strategic and operational initiatives and working through technical, business, operational, and legal/compliance issues.
- 5+ years of experience in agile and lean startup product management processes.
- Experience with supply-side platforms (SSPs) such as FreeWheel, SpotX, OpenX, AppNexus/Monetize, Google Ad Manager, etc.
- Experience with demand-side platforms (DSPs) such as Dataxu, Adobe, TubeMogul, The Trade Desk, MediaMath, AppNexus/Invest, Google Ad Manager, etc.
- Experience with data management platforms (DMPs) such as Oracle BlueKai, Adobe Audience Manager, Salesforce (Krux), Lotame, etc.
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA, Blossom, VersionOne, etc.
- Ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams, including driving process improvement and change management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders at a technical, business, operational, and executive level.
- Sound business judgment, strong ability to influence others, advanced critical thinking skills, and ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and make decisions.
- Ability to weigh technical trade-offs and have in-depth discussions with technology teams on the nuances of complex engineering systems.
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise contingencies before they become roadblocks.
- Independent and entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to achieve goals and deliver results in a large, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to see how integrations fit within larger systems.
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative field or an MBA.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications are helpful but not required.
- Experience with front-end sales systems, such as Salesforce, DealMaker Digital, DealMaker, WideOrbit, INVIDI, OperativeOne, etc.
- Experience with publisher tools, such as Yieldex.
- Experience with digital data aggregators, such as Staq or Ad-Juster.
- Experience with data vendors and measurement partners such as ComScore, Nielsen, LiveRamp, Experian, Acxiom, Epsilon, Neustar, etc.
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen.
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing access to knowledge and tools.
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here