AppNexus is looking for aProductManager with expertise in online advertising to contribute to end-to-end product management and strategy in ourPublisherProductsgroup,specializinginprogrammatic deals.A desire to reshape theprogrammatic buying and sellinglandscape and a keen interest in new media trends are key to this role.Thisperson will help develop the product strategy, identify and develop key product roadmap items,documentproduct requirements, collaborate with engineering on implementation, take products to market, and be responsible for commercial success. This is a fantastic opportunity to own and develop innovative, industry-changing products and initiatives at the heart of our business.
About the team:
AppNexusisdedicated to one overarching goal: powering the advertising that powers the Internet.ThePublisher Productsteamdrives strategic initiativesand product development for publishers using our platform, and the buyers they work with.OurProductManagers are strategic thinkers with an eyetoward the distant horizon,butwiththe attention to detail andpassionto execute and deliver product rapidly.ProductManagers have skills and expertise based onproduct management,commercial, and technicalbackgroundsand are expected to have deep industry knowledge. We engage deeply with customers, partners, and field organizations to identify market opportunities and break complex problems down into actionableproduct plans. Serving as the critical bridge between our technology and our business, we touch nearly every part of the organization - from our Sales and Services teams to Engineering, Marketing,Legal, Finance,and Design. We are encouraged to experiment, build, fail fast, and think creatively and holistically in order to create game changing advertising technology innovations.
About the job:
- Participate in the full product lifecycle forour programmaticdealsproducts, including research,roadmapping,requirements,supporting engineering during the build,product rollout, and managing in market
- Understandthe key value drivers for your product area and demonstrate progress against success metrics to ensure our products are delivering value as expected
- Conduct market research and engage with customers, prospects and partners to identify market needs and opportunities
- Collaborate closely with engineers through all stages of product development, offering business context and insights, providing clear and consistent priorities,documenting clear and focused requirements, andworking through tradeoffs
- Establish yourself as an expert on your product area for external users as well as internal teams
About your skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related professional area
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build consultative and effective relationships with internalstakeholders as well as external customers and partners.
- Comfort and ease in a highly technical environment, working closely with extremely talented engineers
- Experience driving behavior change in some capacity, like rolling out new organizational processes, or introducing internal tools for other team members to use
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with business and technology leaders within AppNexus and at customer/partner organizations
- An understanding of the digital advertising market is a plus
- Experience working closely with Advertising Platforms and/or with data platforms, data modeling, behavioral targeting technologies, etc. is a plus
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here