This is a highly visible and exciting role within the Xandr Digital Systems Strategy, Operations & Business Solutions team!
As the Director of the Digital Ad Platform Operations & Integrations team you will provide vision, ad platform expertise, strategic acumen, and leadership for planning, building, developing and implementing comprehensive business capabilities that supports the long-term objectives, mission and vision for Xandr Media.
The Digital Ad Platform Operations & Integrations team contributes to the development of new products and strategies for revenue generation, develops and implements platform/inventory integrations, as well as supports Xandr Sales Planning & Operations team. This position will work closely with other departments and divisions within Xandr to develop and fulfill ad products, in addition to working with third-party vendors both current and prospective. The Director will work to ensure a smooth process for digital products, as relates to ad servers and programmatic platforms. The position is highly visible to the sales organization and involves frequent hands-on troubleshooting as well as strategic long-term product and platform development.
In addition, the Director, must have strong troubleshooting skill sets, and oversee the implementation and integration of new emerging tools and/or technologies that will enable Xandr Media to work effectively and efficiently as an organization. This person must be articulate in meetings, representing Xandr media operations capabilities and issues as it relates to ad serving and data enablement.
- Expert in Ad Servers (FreeWheel, Google DFP, etc) and Programmatic (SSP, DSP) platform technology
- A technical authority for all technical issues involved in running digital ad campaigns
- Works with Player/Engineering teams to assist in driving resolutions to ad serving issues
- Demonstrate multi-tasking ability; keep multiple projects on-track
- Work with ad product management team, business and engineering to have user stories and technical stories created
- Oversee all functional areas of platform support to ensure successful delivery of ad platform solutions
- Communicate goals, objectives, accountabilities, priorities, and authority parameters to assigned staff
- Manage between 5 to 8 person team
- Build and sustain strong relationships with stakeholders including executive leadership
- Manage relationships with external vendors (such as FreeWheel, Google, etc.) and internal Product development teams.
- Recognize recurrent or potential issues and problems, and know when to escalate and propose solutions, where possible
- Takes clear ownership of Ad Platform Projects
- Attend and participate in vendor presentations and/or conferences offering media solutions that may be relevant to the Xandr Sales Operations group.
- Facilitates communication and understanding of initiatives and their prioritization based on business needs, strategy and resource availability
- Strong presentation, communication, and analytical skills
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- 8 - 10 years experience in a Digital Ad Sales environment at a digital publisher, digital agency, and/or related ad platform
- 5+ years experience managing teams
- At least 3 years experience leading design efforts utilizing 3rd party suppliers with demonstrable short-term and long-term results
- Experience with digital ad serving systems, such as DFP and FreeWheel.
- Experience with publisher tools, such as Yieldex.
- Ability to operate a complex, cutting-edge ad platform
- Ad Exchange or Programmatic advertising experience
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must possess a passion to drive the business forward
- Experience with digital data aggregators, such as Staq or Ad-Juster tools, is a plus.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Microstrategy, Domo, Datorama or Looker is a plus.
- MVPD experience a plus
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here