The Service Desk Technician is responsible for the day-to-day support and maintenance of all employee related IT services and equipment in our NYC office and around the globe. Support and maintenance will include internal desktop systems software, hardware, and infrastructure. Aside from acting as the first line of support for all internal AppNexus users, you will also have a key role in onboarding new employees, including laptop and desktop configuration, system access, and security clearance.
About the team:
The Technical Operations team is distributed across the globe and handles a wide variety of responsibilities, from providing tech support to architecting long-range build-out and day-to-day operations at our six global data centers. We have well over 7,000 servers, which process over a million ad serving requests per second (billions per day). We’re in search of troubleshooters and those who love to tinker and innovate with technology.
About the job:
- Cover the entire lifecycle of an employee including the set up and configuration of laptops for new hires
- Manage of their ongoing trouble tickets, through any eventual termination
- Brief new hires on how to use key systems and how to reach out for your team’s help in the future
- Provide first line support for hardware and software problems and requests, including networking and printer issues.
- Deactivate departing employees’ user accounts in a timely manner, maintain an inventory of equipment out in the field, and keep track of equipment that needs to be replaced or re-provisioned
- Opportunities for growth at AppNexus happen organically. We work closely with our infrastructure team, so you may also participate in the maintenance of our office infrastructure including switches, firewalls and other equipment.
- This role is situated in our New York City office, where you will be a member of the Service Desk team acting as first line of support and contact for U.S based employees
- Self-motivated individual with strong people skills and a knack for problem solving
- Willingness to make visits to our offices around the U.S.
- 1-2 years of experience supporting Microsoft Windows machines in a professional office environment
- Functioning knowledge of Apple MacOS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, basic Microsoft Exchange administration (including PowerShell), Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, and/or SAMBA
- Knowledge of both Apple and PC hardware
- Experience with printers, wireless access point, network switch, and VOIP/PBX hardware and configuration
- Proven ability to utilize systems, tools, and procedures to accomplish a task
- Process-oriented and with the ability to follow procedures
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs (monitors, workstations, servers, etc.)
- JAMF or KACE experience is a plus
- Experience working and supporting remotely is a plus
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here