At Xandr, we process over 130 terabytes of data per dayandserve 45 billion ads each day.Our software is complex, massively scaled, and built with a wide variety of languages and tools, lending itself to the most exciting and challenging technical problems. Data Science is at the core of what we do and we’re looking for aSoftware Engineer to play a pivotal part in developing, improving, and scaling our platform.
The Data Science Core Technology team builds platforms that are used to identify and analyze relevant data to match ad buyers and sellers and help them achieve their business goals. To do this, the data science platform engineers work closely with data scientists, implementing, testing and deploying complex platform tools and applications for our diverse client base. We work with Python, Java, Scala, Kafka and Spark to support teams that build machine learning algorithms that run in-production and at scale.
- Build an understanding of the on-line advertising ecosystem and use your engineering expertise to build innovative solutions
- Collaborate with Data Science, Data Pipeline and Product teams to implement end-to-end solutions
- Contribute to the planning phase of project development and ensure timely delivery of asset to production
- Design, develop, implement & test new features and system components
- Support, debug & fix issues in our production applications
- Write efficient and maintainable code that has over 40 engineering peer-contributors
- Write unit and automated tests to provide code coverage, particularly for business-critical components
- Build & Consume REST APIs to manipulate data objects across a complex schema
- Analyze and improve our Agile SDLC processes
- Participate in the process of building our teams; including recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding
- Support the team to extract product requirements and common workflows, and act as an engineering liaison for the Data Science and Analytics organizations to simplify the life of our Data Science team members.
- Encourage software engineering best practices in the data science organization with a focus on Clean Code principles such as test-driven development, frequent release cycles and long-term maintainability.
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to support efforts to carry out large-scale data exploration, feature engineering, predictive model building and training with tools such as PyTorch, Scikit-learn and Tensorflow/Keras.
- Provide full scientific python support for data scientists and analysts (Python, Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Dask, Pypi, Conda, Docker, Linux).
- Help the data science and analytics teams use effectively the data science platform clusters composed of Cloud (AWS-EMR), Hadoop, Kubernetes and Database (MySQL/Vertica/Postgres/Snowflake) clusters.
- Help set up and manage various computational job dispatching systems that support business critical machine learning and reporting workloads.
- Troubleshoot and configure client-side configuration and performance issues related to Hadoop, Yarn, EMR, S3, Presto, Hive, Spark, Kafka and GPU computing.
- Developing high performance, distributed computing tasks using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL, text mining and other distributed environment technologies.
- BA/BS degree and 2-3 years of experience OR MS degree and 1+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Experience using Python with excellent, creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience working with Machine Learning libraries; Experience with Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras and/or PyTorch preferred.
- Experience working with Big Data systems; Experience with Hadoop, Kafka and/or Spark/SparkML preferred.
- Experience building REST APIs, web services and business applications that scale.
- Excellence at formulating, understanding, and solving complex, non-routine problems
- You built a couple of machine learning models and are interested in their performance profile, libraries used and the data science workflow.
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Xandr makes greatness happen
Xandr is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours!
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here