DescriptionXandr is seeking a bright, highly motivated, and experienced contract attorney for our legal team. The person in this role will be responsible for managing and negotiating complex agreements with suppliers and strategic partners on a variety of cutting-edge commercial and technology matters. In this role, you will work closely with internal clients spanning multiple functions across Xandr, to understand and assess legal and business risks and make sound decisions under tight deadlines. You’ll have the opportunity to play a meaningful part in our company’s mission to transform advertising in digital media.
The ideal candidate is a business-minded lawyer who understands business objectives and helps balance legal risks. This person is also a creative problem-solver and a team player who is collaborative and yet comfortable making decisions. She/he can draft and negotiate effectively and thrives in a high growth environment. The ideal candidate is also passionate about technology and may even get a little excited about improving forms, processes and procedures.
About the team:
The mission of the Legal team is to serve as a trusted business partner and legal advisor for Xandr. We strive to apply both legal acumen and business judgment to provide sound, practical legal advice to all functions throughout the organization. Our responsibilities run the gamut, including drafting and negotiating contracts, evaluating product offerings, building internal and external compliance protocols, and monitoring and addressing legislative and regulatory developments that affect digital media and advertising. We are energized by the challenges of serving this dynamic, fast-moving part of the broader AT&T family.
Qualifications• JD degree with superior academic credentials
• 4+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department. (Prior tech experience is a plus)
• An entrepreneurial spirit and passion for working in a dynamic environment
• Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
• Strong work ethic and proven ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills
• Ability and desire to work both autonomously but also collaboratively
• Member in good standing of the New York state bar or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here