Associate Data Analysts are the creative thought leaders responsible for leveraging data to maximize performance for our most strategic clients and ourproduct as a whole. We partner closely with the Services, Product, Data Science, and Engineering teams to study client and product performance data, identify areas for improvement, and implement enhancements to drive success on our platform.This role is perfect for someone who is interested in growing their technical skills and excited to quickly have an impact on a dynamic and fast paced team.
The core mission of the Analytics organization is to drive strategy and execution across the company using data to inform and empower our partners. Whether we’re working with client-facing field teams or internal decision makers, we aim to meet any reporting, analytics, visualization, and story-telling needs they may have.We build custom dashboards and web-based tools to empower our partners and scale analytical capabilities across AppNexus. Beyond our data capabilities, our team acts as consultants for our partners, breaking down every request to ensure that the analytical insights we’re providing will truly help achieve our partners’ goals.
- Grow your analytical, technical, data visualization, and consulting skills working with a best in class analytics team
- Partner with Data Science, Product, and Engineering to establish KPIs and monitor the success of new algorithms and products
- Create dashboards and tools to empower internal teams to help make data driven decisions
- Undertake deep investigations to get to the bottom of client performance issues
- Serve as a connector across the organization, providing feedback and sharing knowledge with other teams
About your skills and experience:
- You are a Senior with a BA/BS degreeexpected in Spring 2019
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience gleaning insights from data and using data to tell a story
- Mastery of excel; experience with relational databases, SQL, and Python (NumPy, Pandas) a plus
- Self-learner, strong motivation to get to the bottom of problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding organization and presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About the University Program:
Significant impact:Projects are designed to fit your interests and skills. Shape your own role and be a part of the team that is building boldsolutions to some of today’s most exciting business and technical challenges.
Campus community:You will join a class of campus hires and have the opportunity to attend events to help you get to know your class, the campus hire community, executives, andAppNexiansacross the company.
Robust onboarding:You will ramp up alongside your class, and your first week will be spent attending AppNexus University. Learn the ins and outs of one of the fastest growing industries and what it means to be anAppNexian.
Career development opportunities:AppNexus offers a variety of internally-developed learning sessions, customized workshops, and professional development programs to help you strengthen your potential, develop new skills, and grow your own career.
Regular access to industry events:The AppNexus New York "Razzle Dazzle" space hosts regular events featuring the brightest minds from technology, media and business. Pick and choose from series including Career Corners and Fireside Chats with some of the most notable names in tech.
And, of course, free food:Our office has fully stocked kitchens featuring healthy and tasty snacks, drinks, and coffee throughout the day. On "Family Lunch Fridays" AppNexus provides free lunch for the company.
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here