The Bidding Introspecting Team is a newly-formed software engineering team tasked with helping advertising clients get insights into how their campaigns bid and spend on the platform. We develop instrumentation code in a globally-distributed low-latency multi-threaded environment with strict SLAs to emit a copious quantity of metrics events. We process these in a modern data pipeline which we own all the way down to the UI which presents our reports. We work extensively with product managers, data scientists and other engineering teams to make this data useful to internal and external clients, with a direct impact on the business’s bottom line.
We're looking for a well-rounded software developer who’s interested in empowering our clients and who wants to work on a team central to our organization's business strategy while tackling interesting technical challenges at scale. This individual should have solid foundations in computer science and some experience working on production quality software in a team setting.
About the job:
- Contribute high-quality code to multiple software projects in a variety of platforms and languages such as C11, Java12, NodeJS
- Analyze, test, and deploy your changes in a low-latency multi-threaded environment with strict SLAs
- Maintain and operate multiple services and components of a distributed application
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and teams such as product, data science and other engineering teams
- Identify new and interesting things to measure which our clients will find useful
About your skills:
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience OR MS degree and 2+ years of experience in software development (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Experience using either C, C++, Golang, or Java in a software development team, with excellent creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, operating systems, algorithms
Nice to have:
- Experience profiling and debugging performance-sensitive applications
- Experience with real-time, distributed systems
- Familiarity with Big Data tools such as Kafka, the Hadoop ecosystem, etc.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- A practical understanding of basic statistics
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here