Appnexus is looking for a Solutions Engineer to support the pre-sales process for our most strategically important prospects. Activities in this position include: building relationships with potential customers, current customers and sales leads, delivering presentations and product demos to articulate features and differentiators, understanding a prospect’s needs and architecting solutions for them, writing proposals and partnering with Sales Leads to drive results.
You will be eloquent, inquisitive, highly technical and with a background in enterprise software pre-sales or consulting.
The Solutions Engineering team sits within the wider Services org - a diverse group of problem solvers with boundless technical curiosity. Together, we build trusted client partnerships that produce mutual wins through spirited collaboration, intrinsic empathy, and a readiness to challenge the status quo.
We look for people who are consultative, analytical, technically minded, and passionate about helping others. Our team scopes, implements and supports customers on the AppNexus platform, obsesses about making them massively successful, and strategies to help them achieve their goals. Real-time advertising can fundamentally transform our clients’ businesses, and we bring it to life for them.
- Develop strong relationships with customers, sales and product teams as a trusted advisor to facilitate solution improvements
- Perform client and prospect demonstrations (both virtual and in-person)
- Work as an effective gatekeeper with sales to scope and evaluate new business opportunities
- Proactively guide customers through their product options and prescribe solutions based on their needs
- Identify any custom technical requirements and coordinate as necessary with product and implementation teams
- Assist with technical sections for RFP/RFI and the vendor assessments process including leading presentations and workshops
- Share sales and product insights and feedback with product management team to facilitate new features and updates
- Eloquently translate deep technical information for a variety of audiences
- Act as a conduit between Sales, Product and Consulting Services
- Design and document client solutions, engagement models and partnership plans
- Act as a thought partner wider business and our client base
- Experience as a sales engineer or solutions engineer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make effective customer presentations and lead technical workshops
- Leadership skills to own all technical aspects of the sales process
- Ability to simultaneously prioritise and manage multiple accounts/opportunities
- Experience creating detailed technical proposals and implementation plans
- Experience preparing RFP and RFI responses
- Willingness to travel 10-25%
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here