AppNexus is seeking a Marketplace Development Directorbased inLondonto join ourcommercialteamto further develop and promotetheAppNexus’Marketplaceacross Northern Europe.The premise of this roleisto define the products, services and strategic direction taken to buyers and sellers that operate across the AppNexus Marketplace.Understanding of market dynamics and local market nuances is key,toidentify opportunities to pair buyers and sellers accessing AppNexus’Marketplaceacross Northern Europe.
An innovative mindset and experience in partnering with Product teams tocommercialiseproductsand services offered to programmatic buyers and sellers isa key requirement. To do this effectively, theidealcandidate willhave experience in navigating the demand landscape across Marketers, Agencies and Trading desks along with a robust knowledge of Publisher goals and mechanics.Relationships with country level leadership, decision makers and key stakeholdersacross the buy side are essential to success.
The Marketplace Development Directorwill partner directly with agenciesto driveincreased working media and customised solutions for buyers, alongside partnering with Publisher teams to provide growth for our clients and AppNexus.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant, fast-paced company and play an active role in thebuildingof a new strategic function for AppNexus.
About the job
- Identify opportunities to build products and services for Publishers,that represent premiumpackages of inventory/data to buyers
- Cultivate and leadstrong demand partnerrelationships to represent premium inventoryacross Northern Europe
- Own and drive marketplace developmentstrategy, account plans,revenue pipeline, and deliver highcustomer satisfaction
- Provide analytical insights and reporting to buyers to highlight opportunities and drive incremental spend
- Manage strategic initiatives and projects, and coordinate regional and global resources to deliver
- Identify opportunities and risks and provide strategic plans to address them
- Learn AppNexus’ programmatic technology and the ecosystem through our world-class training programs, leveraging this toserve as the programmatic expert to clients, providing technical/business knowledge and data-driven insights to drive increased programmatic spend
- Launch new programmatic offerings into the market and communicateproduct feedbackand key informationfrom the fieldto relevant stakeholders at AppNexus
- Work with field marketing to develop and assist inoverarching narrative and events for buyers interacting across the AppNexus Marketplace
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals
About your skills
- Extensive client-facing experience in business development andin programmatic sales
- Technically savvy, with the ability to effectively consult and problem-solve with agencies andtheir execution layers
- Experiencewith engaging Product teams to design, build andcommercialiseproducts for programmatic buyers or sellers
- Significant experience in the online advertising or advertising technology industry
- Demonstrable track record of pitching and closing large client / partnerships deals
- Strong familiarity with online media buying, advertising technology solutions, and online advertiser business models and practices
- Demonstrated understanding of programmatic technology, both on the buy and sell side a plus
- Proven ability forgenerating data-driven insights
- Ability to build strong relationships across partner organisations
- Entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated track record of exceeding performance objectives
- Team player withahigh level of integrity; willingness to share knowledge and ability to facilitate team rapport
- Superior presentation and written communication skills
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here