Team Lead Senior Software Engineer, Prebid Client Side
Our AST (AppNexus Seller Tag) product is a premium tag offering that delivers digital media to publishers. It connects directly into our Console exchange, which handles billions of transactions daily. Our clients rely on our front-end and tag management systems to efficiently trade online advertising inventory in real-time.
As a Senior Engineer on the Client-Side Tech team, you’ll have the opportunity to quickly see the impact of your contributions to our clients and end users. You’ll also build innovative features and functionality in our open source project, Prebid.js, which supports a large user-base of publishers. Front end development is a strong focus of the role, but you should also be comfortable with using at least one backend language.
The Team Lead will also be responsible for the daily operations of the frontend engineering team. You will thrive in this role as a technical leader while still being hands on coding to complete critical pieces of technology.
Consider some of the problems you will solve:
- Scale Open Source: Contribute to a growing open source project and expand and empower its community. Improve quality, drive adoption, and bring innovative features to market.
- Build on large-scale distributed systems: Design new features, maintain and build systems that scale. The systems handle massive amount of internet traffic and will need to scale efficiently.
- Grow a Mature Platform: Reduce latency and error rates. Increase uptime. Maintain speed, availability, and reliability as our client base grows.
- Deploy on hybrid cloud and on-prem: Mix the best of cloud technologies along with on-prem datacenter deployments for increased reliability, redundancy and speed.
- Lead a small team of Engineers and be the owner of the Prebid AST and related systems.
- Act as a system architect and lead cross-team engineering efforts.
- Work with Product Managers and open source stakeholders and Engineering to construct feature requirements and technical specifications.
- Produce prototype features quickly and participate in gathering feedback from clients.
- Participate in code review sessions and provide feedback to increase code efficiency, maintainability and robustness.
- Support and debug production level issues and provide fixes in an expedient manner.
- Mentor junior engineers on best practices in software development.
- BS degree in computer science or related field and 5+ years of software development experience.
- Demonstrated skill in designing and architecting large-scale systems infrastructures, asynchronous development.
- Experience with S2S compilers like Babel.js, or transcompiled languages Typescript.
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services.
- Experience with leading small teams or large impactful projects.
- Preferred experience and knowledge includes real-time data processing engines, ultra-low-level, and low latency systems, and orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins etc.)
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our inclusivity in action:
- Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
- Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women’s Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
- Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women’s advancement in tech
- Providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience so that we may make arrangements
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here