DescriptionAs a Senior Software Engineer on the Publisher Integrations - Client-Side Tech team, you’ll have the opportunity to quickly see the impact of your contributions to our clients and end users. You’ll also build innovative features and functionality in our open source project, Prebid.js, which supports a large user-base of publishers. Front end development is a strong focus of the role, but you should also be comfortable with using at least one backend language.
We use Agile software development practices, our in-depth domain knowledge & our ingrained, highly collaborative engineering culture to write the best software in the advertising technology industry.
Consider some of the problems you will solve:
• Scale Open Source: Contribute to a growing open source project and expand and empower its community. Improve quality, drive adoption, and bring innovative features to market.
• Build on large-scale distributed systems: Design new features, maintain and build systems that scale. The systems handle massive amount of internet traffic and will need to scale efficiently.
• Grow a Mature Platform: Reduce latency and error rates. Increase uptime. Maintain speed, availability, and reliability as our client base grows.
• Deploy on hybrid cloud and on-prem: Mix the best of cloud technologies along with on-prem datacenter deployments for increased reliability, redundancy and speed.
About the job:
• Providing leadership to fellow engineers in the development of robust, enterprise-grade software solutions for our clients
• Deploying software to production environments directly using automated deployment tools
• Improving our software development life-cycle as a thought leader
• Collaborating with product owners and client services to establish technical spec for engineering teams
• Participating in the process of building our teams, including recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding
• Collaborating with engineers in global locations effectively
• Lead design and code reviews to ensure the quality of the products we deliver
• Building your understanding of the online advertising ecosystem and leveraging your engineering expertise to build innovative solutions, impacting industry and business of our customers
Qualifications• BS degree in computer science or related field and 5+ years of software development experience.
• Experience with S2S compilers like Babel.js, or transcompiled languages Typescript.
• Knowledge of RESTful Web Services.
• Effectively prioritizes and delivers immediate and maximum value to our clients and stake holders
• Promotes & fosters value-driven thinking within the team
• Mentors and guides junior developers; a strong collaborator, team focused
• Thrives on complex problems that require creative, possibly never even heard of solutions
• Understands the difference between good and bad code; values peer contributors
• Possesses solid understanding of web development design (UI depth), web development (web services) and data processing & databases
• Excels in learning new technologies (as necessary)
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here