At Xandr we develop a technology platform that powers the real-time sale and purchase of digital advertising. Our platform is engineered to provide one of the fastest, most reliable, and massively scaled advertising systems in the industry. As a transparent and independent partner for some of the largest publishers and advertisers, Xandr helps ensure that the Internet stays open and free. As a Data Engineer on the Publisher Integrations capability, you will be responsible for creative solutions distilling data at a massive scale into insightful, actionable information for online publishers that use Xandr to drive demand.
Consider some of the problems we try to solve:
• Getting Insight: Rapidly process data on an immense scale. Create reports that drive business outcomes and optimizations. Balance granularity and business value with resource cost and efficiency.
• Grow a Mature Platform: Reduce latency and error rates. Increase uptime. Maintain speed, availability, and reliability as our client base grows.
About the job:
• Design and develop reliable, scalable and testable Map Reduce jobs
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members, product management, open source community members, and other stakeholders
• Build and maintain tools to automate regular testing and deployment
• Consistently optimize and improve our systems, tools, and testing
• Lead design discussions about and approaches to implementing new reports
• Serve as a mentor and guide for other team members
• BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience in software engineering OR MS degree and 3+ years of experience (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
• Familiarity with large-scale distributed data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark) and distributed data stores (e.g. Vertica, Druid)
• Experience in start-to-finish deployment of large-scale multi-TB data processing systems is a plus
• Experience supporting production systems
• Solid experience in Java
More about you:
• You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
• You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
• You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
• You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tool
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here