Platform Support Engineer Lead, Data Platform
Xandr powers the real-time sale and purchase of digital advertising. We simplify the most sophisticated machine learning and data science capabilities to help our customers unlock their greatest potential. Our Data Platform team handles 12 billion transacted ad requests per day and 2-4 terabytes of data per hour. We are looking for Platform Support Engineers to provide support for our Data Platform applications and systems. In partnership with Senior/Staff Engineers, you will improve stability, availability and performance optimizations, in addition to improving the usability and maintainability of each application. You will also be expected to develop competency for most, if not all, technologies within the Data Platform, and will be the subject matter expert for applications they support. All core data platform applications at Xandr emphasize high performance, optimize map-reduce designs, and involve a plethora of technologies.
About the job:
- Drive stability and reliability improvements through proactive engineering
- Work with world-class high frequency, low latency design experts to perform in-depth analysis and optimization of data pipelinecomponentstoensure smooth execution within strict time and resource limitations
- Work closely with Level-1 support team to provide mentorship and solve problems
- Explore and discover the depths of the designs and frameworks employed in the Data Platform
- Perform testing and validation for new releases
- Focus on stability, manageability, monitoring/alerting aspects of all Data Platform functions to strive for low-touch quality operations.
- Be the point of escalation for Level-1 support in troubleshooting and addressing outage situations.
- Make judgement call on whether to resolve a outage problem or escalate to Level-3 engineers.
- Help with post-mortems and remediations on any outage situation.
- Drive deployment of new releases and update run-books as necessary for Level-1 support team.
About your skills and experience:
- BA/BS/MS degree and 7-12
years of experience (degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
- Passion for data and
- Knowledge in Object Oriented programming language/framework (Java, C++, .NET)
- Experience supporting
large and/or complex application systems
- Experience Data Platform or Data Pipeline applications
- Experience with data
centric applications and environments (DBMS/HDFS, ETL, Messaging, DW, Reporting)
- Good SQL knowledge
- Hands-on experience
with Hadoop and Opensource Big Data tech
- Experience Team Lead and Tech Lead for offshore support teams
- Experience with any combination of our tool stack is preferred:
(Cloudera /PHP/Java/Kafka/Hadoop/HBase/ Abinitio / Vertica / Mapreduce )
- Fine to work in 1 to 10pm IST work timings
More about you:
You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
You are someone who has a critic’s eye toward what is lacking and shy of good; and can put spit & polish on to something rough.
You love efficiency and but not a fan of short cuts and prefer to spend more now if it pays off going forward.
You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree or equivalent technical experience
#XandrLife means we’re creating an incredible experience for our people, too. Let our employees show you what it’s really like to work here.See what it's like here